We have such a great selection of Rit dye in our store that we knew it was time we tried it out in a DIY. Of course we couldn’t resist trying out the ombre trend, so we created a pair of ombre tights to prepare for the chilly weather. We chose a light blue pair of tights, and dyed them with navy dye to create a lovely gradient effect. Check it out below!
1. Gather your supplies. You’ll need:
- a bucket
- tights in the color of your choice
- Rit dye in a darker color
- hot water
2. Follow the instructions on your Rit dye package to prepare the dye. You’ll basically need to add about half a gallon of extremely hot water to a bucket, then add the dye and a cup of vinegar. Stir until the dye is dissolved.
3. Wet the tights in hot water …
View original post 127 more words